Summer training begins on Monday July 13th 2020. Good luck to all the cadets that applied for and were loaded on their virtual courses!!!
Sent on behalf of BGen D.B. Cochrane, Comd Natl CJCR Sp Gp // Envoyé au nom du Bgén D.B. Cochrane, Cmdt Gp S Nat CRJC
BILINGUAL EMAIL / COURRIEL BILINGUE
BETA LAUNCH OF THE CADET AND JUNIOR CANADIAN RANGERS MOBILE APPLICATION
- The Commander National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group is proud to announce the official Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Mobile Application (CJCR App) to all members and supporters of Canadian Cadet Organization (CCO).
- CJCR App mirrors and reutilizes the current Canadian Armed Forces App, with content and functionality customized to the Natl CJCR Sp Gp. The CJCR App is a platform that is designed to provide COATS members, cadets and stakeholders with updates from leadership, access to social media feeds, as well as a variety of resources.
- Initial testing with adult staff members has taken place and now the next phase of the implementation, our final BETA testing, is underway. We invite the remainder of the CJCR App audience, including Cadets, Junior Canadian Rangers, Staff, Volunteers, Adult Committee (AC) members, Canadian Rangers, Parents and League members, to take part in the BETA testing to ensure we capture the intended users’ experiences and feedback, which will be critical to the overall success of the CJCR App development and deployment.
- Although this app is expected to provide top-down communication and easier access to support and resources to everyone involved with the CCO, the primary goal of these trials remains to obtain end-user feedback on the overall functionality, content, performance, and quality of the product in both official languages.
- To participate, users must have an iOS device or an Android device, plus an account with the respective App Stores for these platforms.
- To join the BETA testing phase of the CJCR App implementation, users are required to complete the following steps:
- For iOS Users, the BETA version is currently being tested in the TestFlight application. Here are the steps to download the app:
- You will first have to download the TestFlight application found in the Apple App Store.
ii. Follow the instructions in this link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/LXG22Xy6
iii. The CJCR App will then open and take you on a Tour Guide of the features that can be found within the App.
- For Android Users, the BETA (early access) version can be found currently in the Google Play Stores. Alternatively, here is the link to download the app:
- Click on the following link which will take you to the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ca.forces.dnd.cadets
- The CJCR App will then open and take you on a Tour Guide of the features that can be found in the App.
- Once we have completed the BETA testing, the CJCR App will officially be released in both App Stores, opened to the general public, and be easily accessible to download through both platforms.
- Your feedback is important to us. Please share your feedback on the CJCR App (https://interceptum.com/s/en/app). Alternatively, if there are any questions, feedback or you require any additional assistance, please contact the project team at CJCRapp-appCRJC@forces.gc.ca.
Registration will be by e-mail to RCSUCentral@Cadets.gc.ca. Registration e-mails received before the 1100 EDT 29 June 2020 will not be actioned.
Cadets must provide all the following information in their request for registration email in order for RCSU staff to identify them correctly, verify their contact information, and register them in the proper serial. E-mails that do not contain all of the required information may not be actioned or prioritized. Use this bullet point format in the body of the e-mail to ensure all the required information is provided.
- Last Name
- First Name
- Corps/Sqn number
- Corps/Sqn element
- Name of their #1 course choice & serial, (eg. 1st Choice – Cadet Cyber Training Course – Standard – Serial 2)
- Name of their #2 course choice & serial
- Name of their #3 course choice & serial
- Preferred language of training
- Phone number **
- Email address **
- And if registering for a music course, the instrument played is also required
** Please note, Cadets will be provided a Microsoft 365 account to connect to the Virtual CTC’s and access the online training content. The accounts will be created using the e-mail and phone number provided, therefore these contacts must be correct, and the cadet must be able to access these.
Using the above information, RCSU Central staff will complete the registration of cadets to Virtual CTC courses.
All billets are open to all elements, and available to cadets who meet the target age on a ‘first-come-first-serve’ basis. It is the responsibility of the cadet to meet the requirements listed for each course, such as internet connection, computer or other devices. Refer to the course schedule for the details for each course. RCSU Central Staff will strive to ensure equitable billet allocation, on a day-to-day basis (with a rolling accounting after each day), for each of the RCSU Central Areas, based on population.
Cadets will be registered to courses by RCSU (Central) staff using the following procedure:
- E-mails containing all the required information will be actioned in the order received;
- RCSU Central J5 will verify the cadet information in the e-mail against the cadet’s Fortress file and add or correct the cadet’s e-mail and phone contact as required;
- RCSU Central J5 will load the cadet to the 1st choice course if the cadet meets the target age and a billet is available;
- If a billet is not available for the cadet’s 1st choice they will attempt to register the cadet for their 2nd choice or 3rd choice as available. If no billet is available for any of the cadet’s 3 choices, RCSU Central J5 will identify available course choices to the cadet by e-mail. The cadet must respond with new choices, and RCSU Central J5 will repeat the process on receipt of the e-mail;
- When all e-mails have been actioned for the 1st available choice, RCSU Central J5 will go through the registration e-mails in the same order and attempt to register each cadet for a second course; and
- This process will repeat until the billets are exhausted.
Corps/Sqn staff can monitor Fortress to see if/when their cadets have been successfully registered to a course.
Once registered, cadets will be contacted by Virtual CTC staff about the course, logging into their Microsoft 365 account and participating in course activities.
Members of 2881 Queen’s Own Rifles Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps,
As we move forward modernizing the current Cadet Program, staff from across the country have been formulating new ways to deliver engaging training for cadets and adult leaders in a virtual environment.
Exploring virtual training delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic has allowed the Cadet Program to move forward in new ways, taking advantage of technology. From virtual seminars to health and fitness challenges, cadets are encouraged to remain active and engaged as we move into the summer period.
This summer three Virtual Cadet Training Centres will help deliver exciting challenges and activities for cadets. Throughout the summer they will offer different opportunities for cadets to further develop both personal and cadet skills in a new, virtual setting.
Cadets will have the opportunities to participate in flexible, voluntary training opportunities either independently at their own pace or in facilitated sessions. This summer will be about engagement and flexibility while continue to focus on the cadet experience.
5-weeks of summer training activities
Cadets will be able to take five weeks of distance learning activities during the summer, for about two to three hours per week. The choice of the 22 activities is the same as those offered on the “Cadet Activities” portal on the Extranet and posted on the Cadet Learning Facebook page, and detailed in this course schedule: Summer 2020 Virtual Cadet Training Centre Course Schedule.
Registration for these activities will open on Monday, 29 June at 1100hrs EST and will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. In order for cadets to register for these activities, Cadets will need to send an email to their Regional Cadet Support Unit (RCSU) with the following information:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Corps Number: 2881
- Corps Element: Army
- Name of the activity you wish to register for.
- Dates of serial you wish to register for.
- The language you would like the activity delivered in;
- Phone number (will be use as a second factor authentication for your online account)
- A email address that the cadet has access to; and
- Instrument selection for cadets registering for the music course
Cadets must send an email to the following address:
- RCSU Central (Ontario) RCSUCentral@Cadets.gc.ca
Cadets’ email must be send from their personal email address or an email that they can access. A parent email, that the cadet cannot access, should not be used.
Cadets will be contacted once they are loaded on an activity, and provided instructions on how to log in to the learning tools required to participate in the activity.
Please see below a link to a letter from the Commander of the Cadet program in Ontario, providing an update for parents. There will be no organized Cadet activity during the month of April, with a further update to be provided before the end of the month.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact QOR Cadets at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good evening Cadets/Parents & Guardians,
As per: CANCDTGEN 012/20
The Cadet program has been cancelled for (3 weeks). Direction regarding activities scheduled for after 03 April 2020 will follow before that date, with a possible return for 2881 QOR on Tuesday 07 April 2020. Enjoy your extended march break!
In accordance with direction received, this event has been cancelled as a precautionary measure to prevent the possible spread of the Covid-19 virus
The Corps will be travelling to the Canadian Warplane Heritage museum, and also visiting Historic Fort George.
Cadets will meet at and return to Highland Creek Legion RCL Branch 258, 45 Lawson Rd, Toronto, ON M1C 2J1.
Departure – 07h15 (07:15 am)
Return – 20h00 (20:00 pm)
Find the Parental Permission Form here
Find the Kit List here
If you have any questions, please email the Corps at QORCadets@gmail.com